Mod is currently looking for an urban designer with 2-5 years experience to work on exciting projects. Interested Candidates may send their resume, and portfolio illustrating 5-7 graphic and 2 writing samples in PDF format by e-mail to email@example.com
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Data collection and analysis
- Mapping of existing conditions using AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- Formulating recommendations and action strategies for urban development and town planning projects
- Preparing urban design and architectural conceptual illustrations and plans
- Working Drawings for projects
- Layout and graphics related to preparing master planning documents
- Writing and formatting of reports
The successful candidate should have a background in design with a strong interest in the development of cities. Expertise in any specific aspect of urban development will be considered a plus.
Key Qualifications for the successful candidate:
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Well versed or has a keen interest in global urban design/ planning trends as well as local planning practice in Bangalore
- Experience in comprehensive planning and understanding the links between transportation, land use, housing, economic development, environment and natural resources, and community development.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to conduct training and workshops, and develop innovative, collaborative solutions to build better cities.
- Experience working with elected officials and local government staff in designing and implementing policies and strategies that support the creation of sustainable and inclusive cities.
- Interest and ability to interact with partner agencies, local governments, and the general public.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), Microsoft Office, AutoCad, Sketchup. Knowledge of ArcGIS/QGIS is preferred.
- Excellent working drawing skills is a plus.
- Ability to work on complex projects, and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Willingness to travel for project related work.
Education and/or Experience:
Master’s Degree in Urban Design/ Urban Planning or a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture with experience in urban design. At least 2 to 5 years of work experience in urban design is needed. Demonstrated ability to manage and contribute to complex projects is required.
City of Placement: Bangalore
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience and skills.